March 17, 2017
At Western Window Systems, we’re committed to providing you with the details you need to ensure your deliveries are successful. If you’re having products delivered via crate and freight, here are a few things you should know:
Crate and freight delivery details:
- All shipments include a standard tracking number and links to delivery partner websites.
- To track your order, contact your inside sales representative.
- Crates can weigh up to 5,000 pounds. Customers are responsible for providing a forklift and the manpower to unload crates safely.
What to do when your order arrives:
- Verify your company information and order number are correct by consulting the shipping manifest attached to the outside of each crate.
- To ensure you have received all the crates in your order, check the carrier’s Bill of Lading (BoL).
- If there is noticeable damage to the crate but not to the product inside, write "damaged crate" on the carrier’s BoL. Include the number of damaged crates.
- If both the crate and product are damaged, refuse shipment by writing "refused damaged return to shipper" on the carrier’s BoL.
- If no damage issues are noted and you have signed the BoL, your delivery is complete.
For more information, contact your Western Window Systems representative.